✅ eat 1-2 portions of fruit per day
✅ buy only fresh, organic, local and seasonal fruit
✅ huge benefits (body, mind or health in general, see more below)
⛔️ if possible, do not buy tropical fruit (we live in EU)
A portion is 120 gram (1-2 fruit depending on their size).
Here listed a systematic reviews of the best available scientific evidence in humans have found that regular whole fruit consumption:
- Is not associated with weight gain in either population studies or clinical trials. Indeed, population studies generally find that the more fruit we eat, the less we weigh.
- Is associated with a decreased risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Is associated with a lower risk of developing high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke.
- Is associated with a lower risk of depression.
- Finally, people who eat more fruit (and vegetables) on a regular basis may not only feel better – they actually look better!
This information is protected by copyright, © GI News, University of Sydney.
The copyright and this content is posted on their website – source of this information: http://ginews.blogspot.com/2018/12/perspectives-with-dr-alan-barclay.html?m=1